This is, I think, a paraphrase from psalm 139. For you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Great quote. Gives me goosebumps. The idea that your presence on this earth is meant and you are designed the way you are for a reason. We all need to feel as if we have a reason to be here, although not all those who just wander are lost…
Via Getting Fit and Healthy
A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself, and only herself.
Maya Angelou (via floranymph)
So, here we are.
I moved in with J last June and, quite frankly, the idea of living without him now seems a ridiculous concept. We have fallen into a lovely routine and it’s brilliant. It makes me smile so much to come home to him and to fall asleep and wake up next to him; who knew that life would deal my cards this way?
We are house hunting and my flat is on the market. I want someone to snap it up so we can move onto the next stage of things.
I am struggling with Facebook. Half of me wants to stay but half of me wants to get rid of those people who really do not add anything to my life anymore. It’s a difficult line to tread. And I like to nosey in on other people’s lives. But then, if I didn’t have the opportunity to nose in on their lives I probably wouldn’t miss it. I might ask J to change my password for me and delete the app off my phone. I am sure my energies could be better directed. I wish I could stop musing on those people. They do not wish to be a part of my life and I am indirectly still allowing them to be a part of mine. The brain is a frustrating instrument sometimes.
In terms of energies, I feel like my deep winter funk is now drawing to a close with the advent of spring. J and I wandered over to the beach yesterday. Cold but bright, the sand skimmed across the beach’s surface like a miniature cloud and we played crazy golf, righteously indignant every time the wind stole a hole in one from us. It was a good Sunday afternoon. I need to be running more regularly. It clears my mind and raises my mood.
Work is good. I like where I am working. I feel supported and liked and I have had good feedback from clients. I feel like I am one thousand steps beyond where I was before. I read a wonderful phrase on a link posted by the Buddhism group on Facebook. It said:
[i]Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones. Never regret. If it’s good, it’s wonderful. If it’s bad, it’s experience. Success is not about where you are standing at any given point in time; it’s about how much you’ve learned and how far you’ve come to get there.[/i] - I love that idea of your mistakes being stepping stones underneath your feet. How wonderful is that? Your mistakes will still be able to take you places. It gives me a bit of peace thinking about it that way.
So. Anyway. That’s where I am and I have been very busy settling in. I still miss having a group of friends but I hopefully will build something new. The best way to be a friend is to be friendly, so I will work from there.
More to follow.
It’s been a long few months, Tumblr! Lots has happened, I promise to update you about it soon…
LIvE FAST, DIE YOUNG | livetofit: [Like Us on Facebook Visit at this… | via Tumblr on @weheartit.com - http://whrt.it/14moqCM
THIS. Indeed. Grab life by the proverbials.
Via It's time to get fit
if I had to use only one single picture to describe my life this would be it.
"I have given up on life. I accept this is my fate. Do with me as you will".
So! This weekend, I moved a lot of my stuff into J’s flat and I boxed up a lot of stuff still at mine. On Saturday evening, me and J tidied up the kitchen cupboards and moved things around and we built shelves and the living room got all sorted. It looks very cosy and feels very nest-like in his flat now, which I love. I still have lots to do in my flat before I feel like it is at a point where I can leave it for a bit, but all in all I am pleased with the progress made this weekend. The downer was driving back and forth from Sussex to Dorset more than once in a weekend. After Friday, I will be quite happy not to see the Chichester bypass for a while.
I am ready for a holiday and ready for something new and to be in a place where I can feel more settled and where I can feel more part of something. I don’t think I ever have felt really part of something down here, I always have, to all intents and purposes, felt like I was just passing through.
Ectoplasm free and Dr. Venkman approved
- 2 handfuls of spinach (about 2 cups)
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped and skinned cucumber
- 4 medium chunks of pineapple
- 1 cup coconut water or tap
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon flax oil (optional)
- 6-8 mint leaves (optional, but I dig that shit)
- yields ~20 ounces
Toss that shit in a blender and zap it. If you prefer it a little sweeter, add some more pineapple to that shit. DRINK UP, CHAMP.
Via aimez votre corps
1. push yourself to get up before the rest of the world - start with 7am, then 6am, then 5:30am. go to the nearest hill with a big coat and a scarf and watch the sun rise.
2. push yourself to fall asleep earlier - start with 11pm, then 10pm, then 9pm. wake up in the morning feeling re-energized and comfortable.
3. erase processed food from your diet. start with no lollies, chips, biscuits, then erase pasta, rice, cereal, then bread. use the rule that if a child couldn’t identify what was in it, you don’t eat it.
4. get into the habit of cooking yourself a beautiful breakfast. fry tomatoes and mushrooms in real butter and garlic, fry an egg, slice up a fresh avocado and squirt way too much lemon on it. sit and eat it and do nothing else.
5. stretch. start by reaching for the sky as hard as you can, then trying to touch your toes. roll your head. stretch your fingers. stretch everything.
6. buy a 1L water bottle. start with pushing yourself to drink the whole thing in a day, then try drinking it twice.
7. buy a beautiful diary and a beautiful black pen. write down everything you do, including dinner dates, appointments, assignments, coffees, what you need to do that day. no detail is too small.
8. strip your bed of your sheets and empty your underwear draw into the washing machine. put a massive scoop of scented fabric softener in there and wash. make your bed in full.
9. organise your room. fold all your clothes (and bag what you don’t want), clean your mirror, your laptop, vacuum the floor. light a beautiful candle.
10. have a luxurious shower with your favourite music playing. wash your hair, scrub your body, brush your teeth. lather your whole body in moisturiser, get familiar with the part between your toes, your inner thighs, the back of your neck.
11. push yourself to go for a walk. take your headphones, go to the beach and walk. smile at strangers walking the other way and be surprised how many smile back. bring your dog and observe the dog’s behaviour. realise you can learn from your dog.
12. message old friends with personal jokes. reminisce. suggest a catch up soon, even if you don’t follow through. push yourself to follow through.
14. think long and hard about what interests you. crime? sex? boarding school? long-forgotten romance etiquette? find a book about it and read it. there is a book about literally everything.
15. become the person you would ideally fall in love with. let cars merge into your lane when driving. pay double for parking tickets and leave a second one in the machine. stick your tongue out at babies. compliment people on their cute clothes. challenge yourself to not ridicule anyone for a whole day. then two. then a week. walk with a straight posture. look people in the eye. ask people about their story. talk to acquaintances so they become friends.
16. lie in the sunshine. daydream about the life you would lead if failure wasn’t a thing. open your eyes. take small steps to make it happen for you.
Sixteen Small Steps to Happiness (via pigmenting)
<3 steps to being a better version of YOU
Via This Egyption Boy
I NEEDED TO HEAR THIS.
I seriously need a kick up the bum. The reason I lack energy? Because I am not being energetic. Pah.
Via Keep your head in the Game.
a single person or event or circumstance can move one to change, to love herself, to move on, to evolve
In ten days time, I am moving in with J, with whom I am absolutely in love and it feels all good and right and I haven’t allowed myself to feel excitement as much as I should about this new stage in my life, because I like to get all my ducks in a row before allowing myself the pleasure of such things. As such, I had an email confirming my new job was all good to go and now, I feel like I can allow myself a bit of space to breathe, to enjoy, to revel in making future plans with someone who makes me so happy, and how so totally unexpected this all is. All I did last year was buy a ticket to a music festival and it totally changed my life.
Talk about an advertisement for jumping in and taking chances…
Via don't forget to fly
Robert Downey Jr., on having confidence in yourself (x).
What a dude.
Via Carly's Journey
Bogen in Aubenas (Arches in Aubenas) by Arjan Almekinders on flickr.com
TEN DAYS UNTIL FRANCE.
Il me tarde!
Via Je veux te dire que je t'aime, voilà